Know the Code
University of Louisiana at Lafayette students are responsible for knowing the information, policies and procedures outlined in the Code of Conduct. The University of Louisiana at Lafayette reserves the right to make changes to this code as necessary and once those changes are posted online, they are in effect.
The University of Louisiana at Lafayette offers an exceptional education informed by diverse world views grounded in tradition, heritage, and culture. We develop thought-leaders and innovators who advance knowledge, cultivate aesthetic sensibility and improve the human condition. It is therefore the mission of the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities to actively promote the academic and personal development of each student, to concentrate on the general welfare of all students and maintain constant availability. Futhermore, to focus on the unique needs of students, and to formulate policies and implement disciplinary procedures in accordance with the University's Code of Student Conduct.
We strive to create a community of thought leaders and innovators in an environment which fosters a desire to advance and disseminate knowledge. We support the mission of the University by actualizing our core values:
- Equity: fair treatment; justice
- Integrity: exemplified in the demonstration of character, honesty, trustworthiness
- Intellectual Curiosity: strong desire to pursue knowledge and an appreciation of the inherent value of knowledge for its own sake
- Creativity: transcendence of established ideas
- Tradition: acknowledgement of the contributions of the Acadian and Creole cultures to this region and our University’s history
- Transparency: practicing open communication and the sharing of information
- Respect: demonstrating empathy and esteem for others
- Collaboration: understanding our connection with others and working to realize synergies through teamwork and collegiality
- Pluralism: belief in the inherent worth of diverse cultures and perspectives
- Sustainability: making decisions and allocating resources such that we meet the needs of the present while preserving for the future